$200.00 inc. GST
Managing pain in a patient who is deteriorating is an essential skill to learn.
13th October 2020 Auckland 9.00am to 4.30pm
Managing pain in a patient who is deteriorating is an essential skill to learn. If managed poorly the patient leads to unnecessary suffering and poor outcomes for the person. In this workshop you will learn to master these skills to provide comfort cares for those in your charge.
Get 6 Hours Health Practitioner Competency Training
You will learn how to:
- Introduction to Pain – Acute v’s Complex pain – an update
- Signs and symptoms and how they are affected by co morbidity, in the elderly, polypharmacy and the disabled.
- Group work discussing current practice
- How to manage pain with a comprehensive assessment looking at sedation use along with early warning signs and the post-operative deteriorating patient.
- How to manage pain in a deteriorating patient
- Group work and discussion
Trainer: Francesca Storr [RGON; MN (Hons); PG Cert Pain Nurse Specialist NWH Auckland City Hospital]
This Education Day meets the Criteria set down by Nursing Council of New Zealand. To view >
NOTE: If you are not the person attending the course please email name(s) to email@example.com.
We guarantee to have the most in-depth and up-to-date aged care training you’ve ever attended with the best specialist trainers available or your money back. You won’t find better aged care training anywhere and we’re willing to put our money where our mouth is. It’s as simple as that!
Refunds for non-attendance (cancellations) will only be given if notification is provided at least 24 hour prior to the workshop. If your cancellation is received after this day, only 50% of the course fee will be refunded due to the venue’s cancellation policy and the costs we incur.
Classroom, Online, Recorded