You see, we can get so bogged down in the worries of life that we forget to be thankful for what we have.
While blessing every experience you have in life may seem a big ask when the situation you’re in is so bad…
But when you change the way you see the situation, somehow life takes on a different slant.
How You Look At Life
You may have heard of the saying “trusting in the universe” or the “power of prayer”.
You may be religious and believe and use the power of prayer or you may not be religious at all but the reality is that these are all positive experiences that help you in times of need.
And what’s more, they are readily available all the time and FREE. They don’t cost a cent!
I was once told that prayer was talking to God and meditation was listening to God.
But whatever your belief, when you go within, stop the internal negative chatter box that is making your life worse and replace it with more positive chatter box… such things as prayer and meditation do work.
Never Let Go Of Your Beliefs
I was talking to an acquaintance recently who has such a belief.
He had been really unwell with bowel problems for around 3 months and finally was admitted to hospital.
They came up with all sorts of conditions they thought he might have yet all tests produced negative results.
In the end one of the doctors thought the best thing was to remove all his large bowel and give him a colostomy.
So what did he do? He dug his toes in and said No!
He continued asking for guidance to help solve the problem and for him it was through prayer or asking God for help – and he never let up.
That’s When Things Change…
Along came a lady doctor who happened to think outside the box and asked “Have you ever been in Africa?”
He actually had some 25+ years ago so she tested him for a parasitic infection, and low and behold that is what he had.
Now after 4 weeks in the hospital he is recovering and back to work.
If he hadn’t continued with his belief and kept searching he may have ended up with no lower bowel.
Now I am not saying that anyone else has the same problem.
What I am saying is that when you take your focus away from the doom and gloom of a situation, and look for answers or help, it will arrive.
A technique I use is to ask things like “What do I need to do now?” “Where can I go for help?” “How can I solve this?”
I just keep asking and suddenly I will get a phone call for help, someone will offer some assistance or I will see something when I am searching the net.
Whatever it is, help or a solution does arrive.
Energy Follows Attention
So what I am saying here is, where ever your attention goes, energy will follow.
Look towards doom and gloom and you will get more of it.
Look towards good and a solution and I guarantee you will be rewarded.
Below are 22 ‘words of wisdom’ to help you live an authentic life.
These are not mine. You may have seen it before, but we all need reminders from time to time.
Take what you can use from them.
22 Pieces Of Advice For Living Authentically
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
- Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
- When you say, “I love you,” mean it.
- When you say, “I’m sorry,” look the person in the eye.
- Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyone’s dream. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.
- Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
- Don’t judge people by their relatives.
- Talk slowly but think quickly.
- When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”
- Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- Say “bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson
- Remember the three R’s: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- Spend some time alone.
- A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.